Have you ever wanted to start making quilts of your own, but don’t know where to start? We’ve got you covered. In this class, you’ll learn all of the techniques you need to make your very own four patch runner quilt from start to finish: color curation, fabric auditioning, cutting & piecing fabric, backing, quilting, and binding. It’s time to let those quilt dreams become reality!
- Click Here for Class Supply List
- When: 4 consecutive Saturdays, February 4, 11, 18, 25 – 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Instructor: Diane Fernald
- Cost of materials discount 15% + cost of materials
- Don’t want to bring your own machine? Use one of ours for $199 /series
- Prerequisite: Basic sewing skills and familiarity with sewing machine required. Comfortable sewing straight lines and smaller seams.
- Ages: 16+
If you sign up for a class, save 15% in-store at Cate’s Sew Modern on Class Supplies!
Please call the shop at (203) 421-6853 during business hours if you have any questions.
Diane began sewing at age 8 from her mother, who was a very accomplished sewist in her own right. She was quickly hooked, and soon was making all her own clothes, including – eventually – her own wedding gown, veil, and bridesmaids’ dresses. Nursing, running a nursing home, raising a family, and eventually getting her law degree took up most of the next 20 years, and it wasn’t until the mid 2000s that Diane dusted off her sewing machine and returned to quilting, which she’d done sporadically through the years. Needing a bit of a refresher in quilting techniques, Diane took a class at Cate’s (Intro to Quilting) a couple of years after she and her husband relocated to Guilford, and it’s been “quilting love” ever since! She is excited about teaching quilting, and sharing her love of fabric, quilt designs and all things “quilt-y” with anyone who cares to join her!