For those who are not ready to tackle quilt blocks or the outfit of their dreams — or even a simple set of curtains — School of Sewing is the place to be.
Over these six sessions, we will use Shea Henderson’s text, “School of Sewing” as a reference for the first projects you will make. These items were picked very specifically to prepare you to pursue quilting, garment sewing, home decor, or any other project from here.
Major Accomplishments in School of Sewing:
- Sewing machine familiarity and a notated stitch dictionary
- French seam pillowcase with decorative flange (you will use a pre-cut kit)
- Box-bottom drawstring bag (you will use a kit here as well)
- Utility Apron (here you learn to cut with rotary blade and mat)
- Pillow with covered zipper and edge finished with binding
Instructor: Cate Boeth
Dates: 6pm – 9pm
- Monday, November 16
- Friday, November 20
- Monday, November 23
- Monday, November 30
- Friday, December 4
- Monday, December 7
Plus an additional $5/day if you require a sewing machine rental
Don’t forget you get 15% off all the supplies purchased from Cate’s Sew Modern for your class!