Camp session dates are as follows:
Session 1 – Bling Out Your Bedroom: Tuesday, June 22nd through Friday, June 26th. 1 PM to 4 PM daily. (Please note this week runs Tuesday – Friday)
Decorate and personalize your bedroom with fun projects you can tell your friends that you made yourself!
- T-Shirt Pillow: upcycle your old favorite graphic tee.
- Fun Name Banner: own your space.
- and More for those quick sewists!
Session 2 – Stuffed Silly! Animal Friends: Monday, June 28th through Thursday, July 1st. 1 PM to 4 PM daily.
Sew a new stuffed buddy and perform life-saving operations and fixes on old fluffy friends.
- Blocky Bunny: it’ll hop right into your heart.
- Vet Clinic: patches, nose replacements, and more.
- and other Stuffy Projects!
Session 3 – Costumes and Characters: Tuesday, July 6th through Friday, July 9th. 1 PM to 4 PM daily. (Please note this week will run Tuesday-Friday in observance of 4th of July)
- Let your creativity run wild and turn your fantasy into a reality! Choose which character you want to become.
- Superhero: save the universe in your new disguise.
- Witch or Wizard: cast a spell in a magical cloak.
- Royalty: be transported to a land far far away.
Session 4 – Summer Sleepover: Monday, July 12th through Thursday, July 15th. 1 PM to 4 PM daily.
These fun and functional projects will make your friends say “you made that yourself?? Awesome!”
- PJ Pants: make the coolest jammies on the block.
- Drawstring Backpack: for all your sleepover goodies.
- and More for quick sewists!
Session 5 – Fashion with a Passion: Monday, July 19th through Thursday, July 22nd. 1 PM to 4 PM daily.
Are you a sewist with serious style? This class will take your skills to the next level!
- Ribbon Shift Dress: dress for some fun in the sun.
- Reversible Collar: turn any shirt into a fashion statement.
- and even more Accessories!
Session 6 – Eco Week! Upcycle Your Life: Monday, July 26th through Thursday, July 29th. 1 PM to 4 PM daily.
Use what you already have to make something new that helps you reduce, reuse, and recycle!
- T-Shirt Dress or Skirt: re-purpose and upcycle used tees.
- Jean Bag: sew the ~hippest~ bag in town.
- and more Mending Projects!
Session 7 – Five Minute Fabulous: Monday, August 2nd through Thursday, August 5th. 1 PM to 4 PM daily.
Make all kinds of fun, funky, and functional projects that you can whip up in a flash!
- Cross Stitch Heart Art: mini art for your bedroom.
- Tiny Owls: for charms, ornaments, or decor.
- And More to choose from!
Session 8 – Dress with a Friend! Match your Favorite Doll or Stuffed Animal: Monday, August 9th through Thursday, August 12th. 1 PM to 4 PM daily.
- Sew up a large and small outfit so you and your stuffed sidekick or darling doll can match!
- Matching Aprons: don’t be afraid to get messy with paint, or food in these.
- Matching Skirts: nothing says “twinning” more.
Session 9 – Too Cool for School: Monday, August 16th through Thursday, August 19th. 1 PM to 4 PM daily.
- Be the talk of the class when you show up with a backpack of stuff you’ve made yourself!
- Fabric Binder/Book Cover: for a binder that’s YOU.
- Backpack Charms: show off your personality.
- and Accessory Clips for quick sewists!
In our weekly camp here at Cate’s Sew Modern, your child will get to work on group projects that will not only teach them the basics of sewing but also give them the confidence that they can make new things of their own from scratch. Each week, your child will get to sew many projects ranging from bags to home decor to clothing & accessories. Past projects include beach-ready tote bags, cute and simple skirts, leggings, throw pillows, and so much more. The possibilities are endless and projects are determined by class make-up and interest.
Because the maximum capacity for Sew Cool Summer Camp is only six children per week, you must sign up ahead of time to reserve your child’s seat.
Cost: $220 per session (Monday-Thursday)
Machine rentals are available at $20 per session.*
Ages: 10-13; if your child is younger, or would prefer to do more handsewing, check out Sew Cool: Summer Camp! Ages 8-10
Prerequisites: An excitement to learn how to sew!
Don’t forget you get 15% off all the supplies purchased from Cate’s Sew Modern for your class! **
Please call the shop at (203) 421-6853 during business hours if you have any questions.