Welcome to Cate’s Sew Modern!
What Do You Need to Know During The Coming Post-Vaccine Time Period?
- New Longer Hours. Cate’s Sew Modern’s hours have expanded again! We are now open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m Tuesday through Friday and 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m Saturday — and, for the first time — we will begin testing a new “Summer Hours Sunday!” From July 11th through Labor Day Weekend, we’ll be open Sundays from 12-4pm.
- Appointments. We no longer limit the number of people in the shop at once, so the one remaining time we require an appointment is when you wish to have your quilt done on our BERNINA Q24 longarm quilting machine. You will need to ensure someone is available to work with you on the many aspects of ensuring proper top preparation, selecting a pattern, backing, thread and batting. You can reserve time for that HERE.
- Masks. We request that you continue to wear masks in the store. The guidance is neither clear nor unanimous, we do not want to “card” people, and the Delta Variant is creating more doubt that even current vaccinations will fully protect us longer-term.
- Handwashing. If you are fully vaccinated, handwashing is no longer “required,” but we REALLY appreciate it if you do. We like the practice, we’ve personally complied with the same rule and continue to wash our hands upon each entry, each time, ourselves. Handwashing will ever and always beat hand sanitizer. Since masks and sanitation have relaxed in the local environments we frequent, two of our staffers have come down with severe non-COVID respiratory viruses, leading to many missed workdays and much misery. It’s a great lesson to remember how much else we were protected from by these practices of handwashing and masks. And there’s one more bonus: no one will ever have to worry who might have been pawing over the fabric after their pizza lunch 🙂
- AIR: We ask that you continue to maintain social distancing where possible. We continue to use our HEPA filtration systems.
- Online orders and curbside pickup are here to stay! Use code CURBSIDE to waive shipping charges. Then, when you are notified that your order is “shipped”/ready, pick up in-store or have it brought to your car.
We are beyond happy that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, even if we need to continue to proceed with caution. We appreciate your understanding during this transitional period.
The Cate’s Sew Modern Team
What will you make today?
Cate’s Sew Modern opened its brick & mortar doors October, 2016, in order to bring together all manner of folks who want to revive the art of sewing. Whether your interests lay in the area of quilting, clothing, light home decor, totes/wallets, art/embellishment, dyeing/adulteration or slow stitching — and no matter what your age or skill level — we have you covered. We’ve got warmly-delivered expertise, frequent and varied classes coming back this summer, patterns researched carefully by drafters and designers from around the world, and the goods — oh, the goods!
Goods being the fabric, of course: Cate’s Sew Modern dynamically curates a selection of over 3,000 bolts of unusual, exciting, and hard-to-find fabrics printed or woven in a variety of substrates, just waiting for you to discover them! These fabrics are created by many artists based in the US, but many others originate in Japan, Europe and Australia/NZ.
Our scheduled classes cover the many techniques of garment sewing, quilt-making, and just about any project you can imagine sewing. Further, our kids’ classes are emblematic of our vision for all: a focus on creativity and imagination first and foremost — a safe space for exploration and discovery.
We can’t wait to meet you. And don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to receive information of new arrivals, specials, contests and events!