Welcome to Cate’s Sew Modern!
Update August 31st:
What Do You Need to Know?
- Cate’s Sew Modern is open 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m Monday through Saturday.
- Appointments are recommended, as we limit capacity at any time to two visitors. However, walk-ins are accepted, with priority given to scheduled appointments.
- Please wear a mask, and immediately proceed to our kitchen sink to wash your hands thoroughly.
- Masks must cover both your mouth and nose at all times. Please, no face shields, or masks with vents in them.
- Neither hand sanitizer nor gloves are an acceptable alternative to hand washing.
- If you have recently traveled from one of the states in RED, there is a mandatory self quarantine period of 2 weeks. Please do not visit the store until you have met this time requirement.
- You can continue to order via Etsy for shipping or for curbside pickup.
Thank you for your cooperation so we can all stay safe, and you can browse to your heart’s delight!
The Cate’s Sew Modern Team
What will you make today?
Cate’s Sew Modern opened its brick & mortar doors October, 2016, in order to bring together all manner of folks who want to revive the art of sewing. Whether your interests lie in the area of quilting, clothing, home decor, totes/wallets, art/embellishment, dyeing/adulteration or slow stitching — and no matter what your age or skill level — we have you covered. We’ve got warmly-delivered expertise, frequent and varied classes, patterns researched carefully by drafters and designers from around the world, and the goods — oh, the goods!
Goods being the fabric, of course: Cate’s Sew Modern dynamically curates a selection approaching 3,000 bolts of unusual, exciting, and hard-to-find fabrics printed or woven in a variety of substrates, just waiting for you to discover them! These fabrics are created by many artists based in the US, but many others originate in Japan, Europe and Australia/NZ.
Our scheduled classes cover the many techniques of garment sewing, quilt-making, and just about any project you can imagine sewing. Further, our kids’ classes are emblematic of our vision for all: a focus on creativity and imagination first and foremost — a safe space for exploration and discovery.
We can’t wait to meet you. And don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to receive information of new arrivals, specials, contests and events!