Welcome to Cate’s Sew Modern!
What Do You Need to Know During The Coming Post-Vaccine Time Period?
- Cate’s Sew Modern’s hours have expanded again! We are now open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m Tuesday through Saturday. Watch for summer hours soon as well, which will include Sunday afternoons for the first time!!
- Near-term, we ask that you continue to wear masks in the store. Not all of our staff have had the chance to get both shots and we want to be sure they are fully protected. Check back regularly for mask requirement updates.
- If you are fully vaccinated, handwashing is no longer required. If you have not yet been fully vaccinated, please continue to wash your hands upon entry to the store. We like the practice, so you are always welcome to wash your hands, and that will always be the case!
- We ask that you continue to maintain social distancing where possible. We will continue to use our HEPA filtration system setup that cycle air through every 15″.
- We will no longer limit the number of people in the shop at once.
- Online orders and curbside pickup are here to stay! Use code CURBSIDE to waive shipping charges. Then, when your order is ready, pick up in-store or have it brought to your car.
- We no longer need to suggest appointments for shopping. HOWEVER, if you need to work with us to long-arm quilt your quilt top, we recommend blocking some time so we have someone available to work with you on the many aspects of selecting pattern, thread, batting, proper preparation, etc. You can reserve time for that HERE.
- In an abundance of caution, any sales that we may hold during this transitional time will continue to be on Etsy only, but local customers are, as usual, welcome to participate through the CURBSIDE pickup promo.
We are beyond happy that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, even if we need to continue to proceed with caution. We appreciate your understanding during this transitional period.
Thank you for your cooperation so we can all stay safe, and you can browse to your heart’s delight!
The Cate’s Sew Modern Team
What will you make today?
Cate’s Sew Modern opened its brick & mortar doors October, 2016, in order to bring together all manner of folks who want to revive the art of sewing. Whether your interests lay in the area of quilting, clothing, light home decor, totes/wallets, art/embellishment, dyeing/adulteration or slow stitching — and no matter what your age or skill level — we have you covered. We’ve got warmly-delivered expertise, frequent and varied classes coming back this summer, patterns researched carefully by drafters and designers from around the world, and the goods — oh, the goods!
Goods being the fabric, of course: Cate’s Sew Modern dynamically curates a selection of over 3,000 bolts of unusual, exciting, and hard-to-find fabrics printed or woven in a variety of substrates, just waiting for you to discover them! These fabrics are created by many artists based in the US, but many others originate in Japan, Europe and Australia/NZ.
Our scheduled classes cover the many techniques of garment sewing, quilt-making, and just about any project you can imagine sewing. Further, our kids’ classes are emblematic of our vision for all: a focus on creativity and imagination first and foremost — a safe space for exploration and discovery.
We can’t wait to meet you. And don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to receive information of new arrivals, specials, contests and events!