Welcome to Cate’s Sew Modern!
- Hours. We are open from Tuesday through Saturday 10 – 4:30 & Sundays 11-3. Closed on Mondays.
- Appointments. The only time we require an appointment is when you wish to have your quilt done on our BERNINA Q24 longarm quilting machine. You will need to ensure someone is available to work with you on the many aspects of ensuring proper top preparation, selecting a pattern, backing, thread and batting. You can reserve time for that HERE.
- Masks. We request that you continue to wear masks in the store.
- Air. We ask that you continue to maintain social distancing where possible. We continue to use our HEPA filtration systems.
- Online orders and curbside pickup are here to stay! Use code CURBSIDE to waive shipping charges. Then, when you are notified that your order is “shipped”/ready, pick up in-store or have it brought to your car.
We are beyond happy that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, even if we need to continue to proceed with caution. We appreciate your understanding during this transitional period.
The Cate’s Sew Modern Team
What will you make today?
Cate’s Sew Modern opened its brick & mortar doors October, 2016, in order to bring together all manner of folks who want to revive the art of sewing. Whether your interests lay in the area of quilting, clothing, light home decor, totes/wallets, art/embellishment, or slow stitching — and no matter what your age or skill level — we have you covered. We’ve got warmly-delivered expertise, frequent and varied classes, patterns researched carefully by drafters and designers from around the world, and the goods — oh, the goods!
Goods being the fabric, of course: Cate’s Sew Modern dynamically curates a selection of thousands of bolts of unusual, exciting, and hard-to-find fabrics printed or woven in a variety of substrates, just waiting for you to discover them! These fabrics are created by artists from around the world.
Our scheduled classes cover the many techniques of basic sewing, garment making, patchwork and quilts, totes/bags, and just about any project you can imagine sewing. Further, our classes are emblematic of our vision for all: a focus on creativity and imagination first and foremost — a safe space for exploration and discovery.
We can’t wait to meet you. And don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to receive information of new arrivals, specials, contests, and events!