Classes and Workshops
Cate’s Sew Modern offers classes and workshops for all ages and skill levels. Sewists young and old gather together, to learn all about sewing and quilting in our bright and spacious shop. We also offer workshops, and open sews throughout the week. Take a look at our calendar below for specific times and dates.
Intro to Foundation Paper Piecing 9:00 am
Intro to Foundation Paper Piecing @ Cate's Sew Modern
Sep 13 @ 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
One Day Workshop: Intro to Foundation Paper Piecing CLICK HERE to sign up for this class Ever not purchased a pattern because you didn’t know …
Holiday Cheer! Gift Making Series 6:00 pm
Science Fair Quilt – Using Hex N’ More Ruler 10:00 am
Block of the Month Club: Toes in the Sand$136.00 – $433.00 Select options
Holiday Cheer! Gift Making Series$40.00 – $45.00 Select options
Next Steps: Block Builders Club – Tuesday Evenings 6pm-9pm$249.00 – $279.00 Select options
One Day Workshop: Intro to Foundation Paper Piecing – SOLD OUT – WAITLIST AVAILABLERead more
One Day Workshop: Science Fair Quilt (2nd Quilt in the Hex and More Ruler Series that began with Wonton Quilt)$75.00 – $80.00 Select options
Slow Stitch Journey$249.00 Add to cart
School of Sewing – 2021 Fall Session – SOLD OUT – Waitlist AvailableRead more
School of Sewing II – SOLD OUT – WAITLIST AVAILABLERead more
Intro to Quilting – Fall Session 2021 – Tuesday Afternoons$249.00 – $279.00 Select options
Click here to view our general class information & policies.
Our basic roster of classes: if you missed one, don’t worry, it’ll be back!
- School of Sewing – Learn the basics of sewing in this series. Perfectly targeted towards beginning and even intermediate sewists, you’ll sew multiple projects from drawstring bags to french seamed pillowcases, learning basic techniques you’ll use again and again through your sewing journey.
- Intro to Quilting – Always wanted to quilt but never knew where to start? This is the class for you! We’ll walk you through finishing a quilt block from fabric to finish in this series for quilters to be.
- Sew Cool After School – Get your little sewist excited to sew in this after-school camp with new projects every week!
- Garment Workshops – Itching to make something you can wear? We’ve got you covered. With classes ranging from simple to more intricate, we’ll sew through some fan-favorite indie patterns and teach you the basics of garment construction.
- Bag Workshops – Never be intimidated by a bag pattern again! In this workshop series, our instructors will cover everything from cork to heavy-duty interfacing, and how to use basic techniques to your advantage in any bag pattern you may come across. We’ve picked out some of our best-selling patterns to teach you!