For those who are not ready to tackle quilt blocks or the outfit of their dreams — or even a simple set of curtains — School of Sewing is the place to be.
Over these seven sessions, we will use Shea Henderson’s text, “School of Sewing” as a reference for the first projects you will make. These items were picked very specifically to prepare you to pursue quilting, garment sewing, home decor, or any other project from here.
Major Accomplishments in School of Sewing:
- Sewing machine familiarity and a notated stitch dictionary
- French seam pillowcase with decorative flange (you will use a pre-cut kit)
- Box-bottom drawstring bag (you will use a kit here as well)
- Utility Apron (here you learn to cut with rotary blade and mat)
- Pillow with covered zipper and edge finished with binding
Tuesdays beginning May 24th from 11am – 2pm
Fridays beginning May 27th from 6pm – 9pm
Cost: $309 (includes the School of Sewing Book). Plus an additional $5/session if you require a sewing machine rental.
Instructor: Cate Boeth
Please call the shop at (203) 421-6853 during business hours if you have any questions.
Don’t forget you get 15% off all the supplies purchased from Cate’s Sew Modern for your class!